Texting but not planning dates: why do men do this?

I'm a single mom officially divorced and separated since two years. Dating has been quite frustrating. I was with someone for a year who ended up not liking my children. We broke up seven months ago, and I've struggled through online dating the past months.

I am noticing that some guys have a tendency of texting frequently (if not all day long), but rarely planning dates. Back in September I met a guy: first great date, lots of chemistry, texting all day long. But then getting him to want to see me again was like pulling teeth. I let him go after we only saw each other three times in two months, and that I realized that he was not emotionally available and that he was also a workaholic.

Then met this other guy. Same thing. Great first date. He started texting all day long as well. Took a while to set up another date, and again, getting him to see me in person was like pulling teeth. But in his texts he was a very smooth talker, telling me things like "wouldn't it be so great if we got married?".This went on for 3 months until I finally confronted him and he admitted to being indecisive because his separation from his ex was so recent (6 months) and he was still mourning the loss.

About six weeks ago I met another man. Again, first great date. At the end of the date he said that he had a great time and that he wanted to see me again. He quickly followed up the next morning with a text suggesting to meet later in the week. I thought: "Wow, finally someone that is not like the others!". We had a second date and it was amazing. We really hit it off and the following week he planned not one but two dates. The week after he said he was super busy and couldn't meet me. He explained that he was finishing a big contract and that he had to go see his mother over the weekend because it was her birthday. I said: "No problem I understand. Don't worry about it. Life gets busy sometimes, I get that. I will take the hint though if you're repeatedly unavailable to meet me", and added a smiley face or something. He assured me that wasn't the case, and that he REALLY wanted to see me. The following week, he planned three dates. "To make up for last week" he said. Again, we had a really great time. When I texted him over the weekend to ask "just planning my weekly schedule. Will I be seeing you this week?" he said that he would have to check his ex's schedule (for the daughter) and got back to me saying: can we do lunch maybe? I was disappointed, but said ok. But then he didn't bring up lunch again, nor any other dates for that matter. But he still texts me Good morning every day, and Good night every evening, and sends me texts with pictures of what he is doing and of his daughter throughout the day.

I am so confused. Will this also follow the pattern of the other guys? I don't understand how this keeps happening. I tried to figure out if it was somehow my own doing, but I don't feel that is the case. I know that I am a pretty fun person to go on dates with. I can keep up with pretty much any conversation topic, and I make an effort to ask lots of questions, show interest and get to know them. I also know that men find me attractive, so don't think that is an issue. I also don't feel that I come off as too needy or clingy. I am very careful at not overwhelming men with text messages, especially throughout the day. I will reply quickly if I receive a text from them, but am otherwise trying to keep a balance between frequency, content etc. I am very self aware when it comes to those things. I try to be cheery, fun and relaxed in my communications.

Just feeling a bit discouraged. It's so much energy with very little results.

Edited by Menara
5 minutes ago, Menara said:

I am noticing that some guys have a tendency of texting frequently (if not all day long), but rarely planning dates. Back in September I met a guy: first great date, lots of chemistry, texting all day long. But then getting him to want to see me again was like pulling teeth. I let him go after we only saw each other three times in two months

You did the right thing. Part of the burnout of online dating is timewasters like this. Clearly people are still talking to and meeting others, but if there is low or zero interest it's best to cut them loose.

Texting is cheap easy and anyone can do it from the toilet, while watching TV or in their GF's bathroom, so cut these types off asap. 

• Like 2

香蕉视频app网 I'll assume you are meeting these guys on line?   As frustrating as this is, it's pretty typical.

香蕉视频app网 The downside to online dating is people often have options.   These men very well may like you but they are weighing their options while at the same time keeping you on the back burner.  

香蕉视频app网 Personally, in a situation like this I set the tone up front by telling them I am not really into electronic communication, whether it's texting or emails.   They are welcome to call if they have time, let me know when they are available to meet, but the time in between I keep it brief and keep moving forward.

香蕉视频app网 It weeds out those looking for electronic entertainment and you don't invest your valuable time responding to endless texts with someone who doesn't have the intention of following through.  You'll find when you weed these men out in the beginning you make room for ones with more potential.

The man who keeps telling me how busy he is?  He should be too busy to take up my time texting me all day as well.

Edited by reinventmyself
  • Like 4

@reinventmyself yes meeting these guys online. Don't get me wrong, I also know there are decent guys out there (met my ex husband that I was with for 18 years online, and also my ex boyfriend, so I know it's possible!)

香蕉视频app网 I have done quite a bit of online dating, but find this particular pattern to be new... for me at least. The confusing thing about these situations is that, unless all these guys are professional actors or con artists, I can tell that they genuinely like me and also really enjoy the time we spend together. I guess the two previous guys were just kind of flakes from the start, but # 3 has been very inconsistent. I edited my story because there were actually a few weeks missing in there. But essentially he either wants to see me a lot or not at all, which is extremely confusing. 

32 minutes ago, Menara said:

: "No problem I understand. Don't worry about it. Life gets busy sometimes, I get that. I will take the hint though if you're repeatedly unavailable to meet me"香蕉视频app网, and added a smiley face or something

-Saying this could easily set someone off 😞

Shows right away your frustration and impression.

. I was with someone for a year who ended up not liking my children. We broke up seven months ago, 

香蕉视频app网 - ok so 7 months ago...(Aug)?

Back in September I met a guy: first great date, lots of chemistry, texting all day long. But then getting him to want to see me again was like pulling teeth. I let him go after we only saw each other three times in two months, and that I realized that he was not emotionally available and that he was also a workaholic.

-So, 3 times in two months was not enough?

Was good he at least kept in contact, yes?

34 minutes ago, Menara said:

Then met this other guy. Same thing. Great first date. He started texting all day long as well. Took a while to set up another date, and again, getting him to see me in person was like pulling teeth. But in his texts he was a very smooth talker, telling me things like "wouldn't it be so great if we got married?".This went on for 3 months until I finally confronted him and he admitted to being indecisive because his separation from his ex was so recent (6 months) and he was still mourning the loss.

- Okay, this one was unavailable, Good to not stick around this one -glad he was honest!

About six weeks ago I met another man

-And now... yet another man.

41 minutes ago, Menara said:

I am so confused. Will this also follow the pattern of the other guys? I don't understand how this keeps happening. I tried to figure out if it was somehow my own doing, but I don't feel that is the case.

YOU need to stop all of the comparing.  Every guy has a different story line.  it's like you expect香蕉视频app网 immediate success with the first guy you meet!

If you go off on every one you meet, then assume the same things- you're right away going to make things bad.

To let a man see that you are possibly needy or assuming stuff, as I highlighted above - your comment.  That's not a good move.

香蕉视频app网 YOU need to try & settle a bit.  Accept you will not have immediate success.. Is like talking to 10 guys, 8 guys will carry on.. 2 may accept to 'meet up'.  Does not mean they are going to stay.

If you can't accept this, maybe YOU are not ready for this kind of thing, yourself?

香蕉视频app网 Everyone needs time.  Time to get to know you.. and a relationship takes time.

As you see here, One guy pulled away... another guy was still mourning over his BU..

香蕉视频app网 Expect challenges.  Everyone has their own life to deal with and by time a man/woman hits their 40's.. so often they have been through a lot- which has probably made an impression on them- so they will have some issue's.

香蕉视频app网 Why don;t you just slow it all down.. lessen expectations and go with the flow.

Accept that you will not find someone out there who's all together- but have their own history. (and may be hesitant).

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Menara said:

t essentially he either wants to see me a lot or not at all, which is extremely confusing. 

Is he being hot & cold kinda thing?  Can mean confusion.... lay back a little.

Usually within at least 3 months, is when things can improve and move along well between you's or they pull away- if it doesn't feel right.

香蕉视频app网 it's called a pandemic where millions are stuck at home and bored. They are going to be online, looking for attention, filling their time and not be bored. That's why it's becoming so common. penpals/time wasters.

香蕉视频app网 Set an expectation for yourself. If they don't ask for a date within a week or 2 of messaging, kick them to the side. Go forward.

• Like 5

Sorry, but you don't have a men problem, you have a broken picker and unreasonable expectations problem.

So..... first thing is you have got to stop seeking out instant hot and heavy or instant relationship type situations. A guy who goes from one date to setting up two or three within a week when you've just met should scare you and send you running. What burns hot, burns out fast - stick this to your fridge as a reminder. 

Do not fall for sweet talkers or a lot of intense attention fast. This might feel great for your ego, but you will get burned by this every single time.

香蕉视频app网 Look at actions not words. A lot of online dating is a one and done date. If you meet, have a nice time, but he doesn't follow through with setting up another date within reason = he is not that into you. Don't pursue, don't ask, just move on to other matches. Don't get invested in a one good date. It means nothing. Most reasonable social people can have a good time on a date. It means nothing. Look at actions - set up another date = interested.

Slow YOUR roll and your expectations and do not vomit your disappointments on your dates....like never ever. When a guy is telling you that he has x or y to do and tells you that he wants to set up a date on z time, believe him and do not make bitter comments like "if you are not really interested...blah blah blah" - that will make any sane man rethink dating you because you are coming across as bitter and too desperate. Take it one date at a time early on and reign in any negative attitudes.

If you are really interested in the guy, you met once, he is texting you but isn't setting up a date, you can suggest another date ONCE, but if he ignores you or makes excuses, stop wasting your time on him and move on.

Look for a man who isn't so much a smooth talker, but rather one who is genuine and honest, aka does what he says he will do without overwhelming you with faux attention like texting all day long. 

Oh and one more thing.....any guy who met you once or twice and then is texting you up a storm saying things like "imagine getting married".....O...M...G.....creepy creepy block block and fix your picker if this stuff doesn't creep you out because it should. 

Edited by DancingFool
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, Menara said:

@reinventmyself yes meeting these guys online. Don't get me wrong, I also know there are decent guys out there (met my ex husband that I was with for 18 years online, and also my ex boyfriend, so I know it's possible!)

I have done quite a bit of online dating, but find this particular pattern to be new... for me at least. The confusing thing about these situations is that, unless all these guys are professional actors or con artists, I can tell that they genuinely like me and also really enjoy the time we spend together. I guess the two previous guys were just kind of flakes from the start, but # 3 has been very inconsistent. I edited my story because there were actually a few weeks missing in there. But essentially he either wants to see me a lot or not at all, which is extremely confusing. 

香蕉视频app网 I haven't done online dating for few years.  But the last time I did, after a long break I experienced the same thing.

香蕉视频app网 I guess it's sort of a phenomenon ( maybe not the right word ) that people are perfectly content with merely having only electronic relationships.  For that matter there are endless posts here on this website about these types of  relationships.  It's more common than we realize.  To them, they are legitimately in a relationship with people they've never met in person!

香蕉视频app网 So, you're not alone. 

Aside from the fact that I'm in a committed relationship, I wouldn't do online dating again for this reason.

香蕉视频app网 I'm sure there are like minded men out there for you.  You just have to weed through a good number of time wasters to find them.

• Like 1

@SooSad33

I was with someone for a year who ended up not liking my children. We broke up seven months ago, 

- ok so 7 months ago...(Aug)? 

- Yes, we broke up beginning of August. Long story, but he was also having some personal issues: went through a major depression a few months before we broke up and refused to get treatment. I was willing to see him through this but then when he said he didn't like my kids, that was a deal breaker for me.

Back in September I met a guy: first great date, lots of chemistry, texting all day long. But then getting him to want to see me again was like pulling teeth. I let him go after we only saw each other three times in two months, and that I realized that he was not emotionally available and that he was also a workaholic.

香蕉视频app网 -So, 3 times in two months was not enough?

Was good he at least kept in contact, yes?

- I am actually still in contact with this guy. Not regularly as the amount of texting was getting unmanageable with my work schedule and other activities. Turned out actually that he was still getting over some ex girlfriend (that he saw again a few times and became a mess because of it. It seems though that this is finally settled), and his work schedule was insane. He had meeting 5 days a week between the time of 6 am and 11 pm (he was a manager for a big international import company so lots of meetings with China hence the weird times). He eventually had a burn out. He just started a new job and has recently actually asked if I would be open to meeting for a drink.

Current guy

This guy also has a lot going on. He is 香蕉视频app网really busy with work. He also has a daughter, and his ex seems to find all sorts of excuses to not share childcare (he drops her off at school every morning and picks her up every evening, and has her most evenings and most days on the weekend). This ex also refuses to move out from their house...since three years (she wants lots of money).She is seeing someone else and spends most of her evenings at her boyfriends. She essentially is trying to prevent him from moving on.

香蕉视频app网 That being said, he has not exactly been proactive in getting her out either. I don't get the sense that he's lying about his current situation, but his story in combination with his inconsistency is a red flag I think.

Overall

I'd be happy to give someone a chance, and start on a more casual note and let things develop or not. That being said, the combination of frequent texting, inconsistent plans and him essentially dictating the terms of the relationship is quite frustrating. 

9 minutes ago, Menara said:

He eventually had a burn out. He just started a new job and has recently actually asked if I would be open to meeting for a drink.

Okay- be careful./  He had burnout and still dealing with an ex... drinks fine... but I don't feel he is really up to par.

10 minutes ago, Menara said:

This ex also refuses to move out from their house...since three years (she wants lots of money).She is seeing someone else and spends most of her evenings at her boyfriends. She essentially is trying to prevent him from moving on.

Ugh.. yup- red flags 😞

This woman is controlling!  And sounds irresponsible, selfish- can you imagine HIS frame of mind?  *avoid*.

11 minutes ago, Menara said:

香蕉视频app网 the combination of frequent texting, inconsistent plans and him essentially dictating the terms of the relationship is quite frustrating. 

Then go distant.. tell him nevermind... is too much going on- BEFORE it all gets to YOU.

香蕉视频app网 But.. do take things easy... tone things down with expectations, as I mentioned.

We should not need someone in order to be happy.  How about your own life? Do YOU feel stable enough?

I have not been involved in a good while & am fine with it... because of stuff like this.. I don't need it.

@SooSad33 

I've been ok. Last few years have been a bit of a roller coaster. I walked out of an 18 year relationship into another year-long relationship essentially. So, besides a few months in between those two men, haven't really had much time to myself until recently.

I'll admit that I prefer to be in a relationship than being single. That being said, I luckily have quite a good life overall. I'm financially very comfortable, have a loving relationship with my children, my parents and siblings, have a good number of very close friends that I talk to frequently even if with COVID it has been difficult to see them, I also live in a community that is very close and supportive, and have made lots of friends here as well (that I see regularly at playdates or go for walks with etc.). I also have lots of hobbies that I have made a point of maintaining: photography, drawing, piano etc. 

So, no I don't need someone to be happy, but it would be nice to have someone in my life if that makes any sense.

6 minutes ago, Menara said:

香蕉视频app网 I walked out of an 18 year relationship into another year-long relationship essentially. So, besides a few months in between those two men, haven't really had much time to myself until recently.

Ahh, okay... am just a little concerned, because some people try to seek another someone because they feel so alone.. when alone time is a good thing- to work on getting over a failed marriage/relationship.  But,香蕉视频app网 they have not yet accepted & healed from the experience... recovery isn't complete.

(this is where rebounds happen.... moving on way too fast, but still emotionally/mentally stuck in the last relationship- and not yet mentally or emotionally available... in which the new relationship fails. ) 

香蕉视频app网 For you to walk from such a long term relationship into another year long one, do you not feel that was just too much, too soon?

香蕉视频app网 That you never had any real 'down time' to work on accepting all that happened and get yourself 'back to good'?

Can take some time to adjust and feel that you  are over the BU and doing okay.. Some need some prof help to work through their loss.

香蕉视频app网 Under normal circumstances I would totally agree with you. In my case, however, my relationship with my ex-husband died many years before we actually separated. But our children were very young at the time, and we were both worried about how we would manage financially on our own (and what that would imply: would kids have to move school and loose their friends etc. if we both had to move out of the neighbourhood). We did two years of therapy but honestly there wasn't much to save. The love had died. It did help us separate on good terms. 

What I'm trying to say is that my grieving process of that relationship happened while I was actually still in the relationship. And when it finally ended it was mostly just a relief. I felt like I was given back my life! It was liberating and I surprisingly didn't feel like I had much left to digest. If anything, mostly just getting used to a new way of life by myself. 

• Like 1

香蕉视频app网 Nothing wrong in wanting what you want...just you are getting stalled by giving these guys the benefit of a doubt. Tip: date those who treat you the way you want to be treated. Loyal, constant, fulfills your expectations. stop settling for "well just maybe, lets wait and see, maybe things with change, he's just busy, etc."

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Menara said:

I will take the hint though if you're repeatedly unavailable to meet me"

Here you are throwing your insecurities at him.  It's a turnoff.

5 hours ago, Menara said:

just planning my weekly schedule. Will I be seeing you this week?

香蕉视频app网 How come you didn't say "I'm planning my week and I'd like to see you.  How about dinner on Thursday at Good Reviews Restaurant?"  Instead of implying you expect him to do all the date planning and asking.

I think you have a few things to fine tune but otherwise it's just dating in the modern era.  Like others have said, if it were that easy to find a good relationship it wouldn't really be worth much, would it?

• Like 2

Well, to be honest I think on online dating there are a lot of flakes and people who are keeping their options open. It's fair enough though to keep your options open (and you should too) if the guys don't really know you yet. You are a stranger to them and they're just getting to know you. I understand three dates in two months is really not much but having maybe one date a week or once a fortnight early on is actually OK. I mean realistically these guys probably are talking to other women and going on dates with other women. They also have jobs, maybe kids, friends and family. I mean, it doesn't make them awful that you're not their number one priority because they don't know you much and you're not in a relationship. 

香蕉视频app网 I think rather than worrying about just one guy, talk to many guys and go on dates with many guys. For one thing, statistically if you date more people, you have a higher chance of actually finding someone. Also if you don't like the fact that some guys don't organise many dates, then just stop talking to them. You are in control and if you just keep texting these guys back then that's why this keeps going on. I think it's acceptable to try to organise one date a week and you can try to suggest some dates as well. If they don't want to organise then just ditch them. I think yes some guys are texting a lot because they do like you, but they probably are also busy and they also like other women. "Like" in the sense yes they find you attractive and nice and want to know you more. But they're not head over heels for you so they don't want to see you all the time. 

I think the current guy sounds fine because he's been going on a date or a few dates with you once a week. He does have a daughter and a life that's outside of you. I don't think it's good to already start asking him if he's bailing on you and accusing him of anything. I know those other guys were flaky but before you write him off I think you need to take it slow. Maybe don't keep asking to see him or is he too busy, etc. That actually will come across as clingy and pushy. Just live your life too and meet other guys. If you act more chilled out and busy yourself it'll seem more appealing to men.

• Like 1

Relationships when they click and it's right, things just work. At least that's always been my experience with romance & friendships. At first, at least, it's easy. Equal effort, equal interest, equal understanding. 

Of course when we find this,  we can jump in and it works out or it works out until it doesn't.  It's a wonderful experience and it's the stuff we dream of, right? But it can't be forced.  Are you trying to control things that you have no control over?  Are you searching so hard,  you see what you want, not what it is?

Dating on line has this wierd aspect that I think others have hinted at. You don't know each other but you can quickly feel that you do. The other part of that is,  you don't know who you are really dealing with until you do. 

So it's in that realm you gotta play. Observe people and see what patterns start.  if someone is just texting you like crazy but not moving forward, stop being so available on text.  If someone can't get together let it be. Stop planning out your week or at least saying that to people like you're so busy. lol. Its a pandemic and if you are really that busy, you wouldn't be so absorbed with what some guy you just met is doing.

香蕉视频app网 You can control a lot of what you mention and yourself through your expectations. Recognize connecting to someone is special and takes time. Getting all invested even a few months in can be foolish.  it's easy for people to be one thing to your face, another behind your back, especially on line.  it's not like you have people in common to keep it real. 

A lot of what you're going through is on line dating.  It won't adjust to you,  you have to adjust to it. 

香蕉视频app网 Yes. It's normal to want a relationship and prefer that.  If we're honest that's pretty much what everyone wants.  But would you buy a blue shirt,  expecting it to be a red shirt? 

Don't attach to flaky guys, expecting them to change. And be aware of the things that you might do that make you look flaky. 

@Tinydance and @boltnrun香蕉视频app网 : thanks for your perspective! I didn't realize I came off as insecure! I haven't had much dating experience outside of the last few months, and the ones I had were of a very different nature. My ex husband (20 years ago mind you!) seemed very clear about what he wanted, and there was never a second of doubt in my mind. And the guy I was seeing for a year, same thing. After the first date we were essentially in a relationship. We didn't need to discuss it, it was just clear and we both knew.

So this whole: let's see how things develop, taking things slow, undecided etc. is kind of new to me, and I'm not sure I like it. I think my problem is not so much insecurity rather than impatience and being too honest or blunt. Two previous guys were definitely flakes so no regrets there. This new guy I think just has a lot going on in his life. I don't even think he is dating anyone else, or even thinking of dating anyone else. 

香蕉视频app网 Also, just want to clarify that with this current guy, I had been trying to suggest a few things to him as well. But it seems it either fits his schedule or it doesn't, and often what fits his schedule is extremely inconvenient for mine (like 3-hour lunch dates on work days which means I have to catch up on work on the weekend). I do not want to seem pushy or clingy or demanding, but I just find it very annoying how dating is so antiquated and basically tells women: be accommodating and lovely, don't seem clingy, but also seem sure of yourself but don't be too pushy!! Honestly, who is naturally like that? It's like being a perfect 60's housewife when in our professional lives we have important positions and making big things happen. It's a bit of a disconnect. 

Edited by Menara
17 minutes ago, Menara said:

@TinydanceThis new guy I think just has a lot going on in his life. I don't even think he is dating anyone else, or even thinking of dating anyone else. 

香蕉视频app网 You just met this guy and if his profile is still up, that means they're still keeping their options open.

You're going to meet all types of characters. And just be ready to walk away when you have to walk away. There's a lot of people who are looking for ego boosters and then there are people who you genuinely like and vice versa but there's nothing that materializes. Don't waste your time. I had met someone on OLD and I thought we really like each other. I thought maybe after 3 months of dating, things will become serious. Nope, he said he wanted to keep his options open. I walked away even though I didn't want to but when I did, I met my husband! 

香蕉视频app网 Like reinvent said, you gotta weed through all the time wasters. There are guys out there online who are wanting a LTR. 

1 hour ago, Menara said:

Also, just want to clarify that with this current guy, I had been trying to suggest a few things to him as well. But it seems it either fits his schedule or it doesn't, and often what fits his schedule is extremely inconvenient for mine (like 3-hour lunch dates on work days which means I have to catch up on work on the weekend). I do not want to seem pushy or clingy or demanding, but I just find it very annoying how dating is so antiquated and basically tells women: be accommodating and lovely, don't seem clingy, but also seem sure of yourself but don't be too pushy!! Honestly, who is naturally like that? It's like being a perfect 60's housewife when in our professional lives we have important positions and making big things happen. It's a bit of a disconnect. 

Well maybe he's being honest with you and because of his job, daughter and other commitments he actually can only do those lunch dates at the moment. If he didn't want to see you at all, he wouldn't. So he does want to see you. I'm not saying you should be "60's housewife" but just saying people need to understand in early dating that it's not a relationship and people have lives outside of them. I would give exactly the same advice to a man. I actually hate gender roles. So the advice I gave you had nothing at all to do with you being a woman.

香蕉视频app网 Again, if this guy's schedule doesn't suit you then you can stop dating him. With me personally I would see a new person I just met maybe once a week. But if it happened that I'm quite busy or they are and our schedule doesn't match, we might not see each other that week and maybe do the week after. I think you do need to give people a good go first though before deciding it's all too hard or they're a flake. If someone is texting and does want to go on dates, it means they like you. But yeah they're not in love with you or something so they don't want to go on dates constantly because you're not their number one thing yet. You can either give them more time to see if feelings will develop or you can stop seeing them. Honestly in this day and age I doubt you would find someone all the time who is moving fast and shouting from the rooftops how much they adore you straight away. People do have options so they need time to figure out which person will end up being their best choice. It's not being rude but it's just dating to see how it goes.

Edited by Tinydance

香蕉视频app网 Well you don't have a problem attracting men but you do have a problem attracting the right type of men.

How many messages do you receive a day online?  Are these men you decide to reply to flashy smooth talkers?

Are their profiles shallow or genuine?  I agree your picker is broken.  If a guy is serious and really wants a relationship he will make the effort.  If he has several other women on the hook he will do what these men have been doing to you.  Keep you on the line while they test drive other women.  It takes zero effort to text so cut that out as much as possible.  Once you give them your number and they text you tell them you would like to talk on the phone.  If they agree and don't jerk you around on calling you then go to step two which is the first meet.  If it is hard to get that set up then they are not all that interested or don't have time to date anyways so they are out. 

To much texting gives the illusion of intimacy, like you really are getting to know them when you are not.  There is no investment other than a few seconds at a time of their fingers typing.

If what you are doing isn't working try something different.

Lost

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Menara said:

香蕉视频app网  with this current guy, I had been trying to suggest a few things to him as well. But it seems it either fits his schedule or it doesn't, and often what fits his schedule is extremely inconvenient for mine

Is this the man who lives with his partner? Asking general questions about texting but not seeing is good and the response is "timewasters".

However this guy told you straight up he lives with his partner and they manage thier farm together.

He also told you he only wants "casual", and that he can only drop by now and then.

Edited by Wiseman2